Let’s not mess around, pizza is the best food on earth. Everything should taste like pizza.
Well now it can.
What is pizza seasoning?
Pizza seasoning is a special seasoning blend that brings all the classic flavours of pizza to other dishes as well as enhancing your home-made ones. It brings together classic Italian ingredients, as well as ones that can give inferior ‘non-pizza’ dishes that Pizza-like flavour. Think of it like Kerala Salt & Pepper Seasoning, which brings the taste of a takeaway Chinese to your home kitchen. This is the same but for pizza.
This is what ours has in it:
Nutritional Yeast Flakes
How can it be used?
Pizza seasoning has two primary uses. Firstly, it’s to make your pizza taste better. There are a few ways you can achieve this.
- Simply sprinkle it on the top before you bake. All the lovely herbs and spices will melt into the cheese and create the most delicious topping you’ve ever had.
- Mix it into your tomato sauce to make it even more rich and complex.
- Kneed it into the dough and leave it for several hours. The herbs, garlic and onion will meld into the bread mixture and act as a dough seasoning. Just like those tasty flavoured ones you get at Domino’s or Papa John’s.
The second use for pizza seasoning is to pizzafy your non-pizza foods. It generally works best if you mix it into things that are liquid or sprinkle it on top of nice fatty things. Some ideas include:
- Mix into your baked beans to pimp your beans on toast.
- Add to soup to make it taste like a bowl of pizza sauce.
- Add to pasta dishes to give them a more complex flavour (feta and cherry tomato bake recipe incoming)
- Sprinkle on your cheese on toast to make it taste like a mini-pizza.
There’s loads more you can do but where's the fun in me telling you all of them. Pick up some pizza seasoning now and find out for yourself!