We have a weird name. We know that. It kind of sounds like there should be something after it like "Condimaniac Sauces".
However it's like that for a good reason. You see, "Condimaniac" is a noun.
If there was a dictionary definition it would be this:
A true flavour enthusiast. A lover of condiments.
"Do you want some fries with your ketchup? You're some kind of condimaniac!"
But what does it really mean to be a condimaniac? Well, if any of these sound familiar then you're definitely one of us:
- Your fridge has at least one shelf or draw dedicated to housing a variety of sauces.
- The idea of having a dry meal makes your skin crawl.
- Your get more excited about the sauces accompanying a meal than the meal itself.
- When you go on holiday you most look forward to seeing the condiment selection in the local shops.
- You routinely mix condiments together to create your own special sauce.
- You have so many seasonings they don't fit in the spice rack anymore.
- When you go to a restaurant you read the extras menu first to see what sauces and dressings are available.
- You carry hot sauce in your bag just in case you go somewhere that doesn't have it.
- When cooking you constantly experiment with new spices.
- When you get a takeaway you always order extra dip.
To be a condimaniac is to have a different perspective on eating. It's about wanting every meal to be a new adventure. Sure you can have the same pizza time and time again, but with different dips or sprinkles every time can be a different experience.
Being a condimaniac isn't just a word, it's an obsession.
Being a condimaniac is a way of life.