Credit to my brother Sam Kemp for this recipe. He bought some of our rub (Like a champ) and then made this delicious but simple meal and sent me pictures. He was kind enough to share the recipe with me, so here you go!
1 whole free range chicken (Plucked and trimmed)
4 cloves of garlic
Fresh rosemary (optional)
10g Condimaniac’s Smokey Dragon rub & seasoning
1 knob butter
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut 3 onions in half and lay them face down in a roasting pan.
- Roughly chop carrots and chuck them in the roasting pan too.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic and chuck in whole.
- Add some rosemary or thyme (Optional)
- Lightly oil a whole chicken and rub Smokey Dragon seasoning all over.
- Lay the chicken on top of the onions in the pan so it's not touching the bottom.
- Fill with water until below chicken.
- Roast the chicken, covered in foil for about an hour at 200 degrees C.
- Take off foil to crisp up skin for last 15 minutes to finish off.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and let rest.
- In the bottom is a stock but with the heat from the rub too. Strain it into a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Reduce right down until its thick when u run a spatula through it. Then add a decent knob of butter and mix.
- Carve chicken and serve on a bed of seasoned rice. Drizzle with sauce reduction for a delicious smoky flavour.
For more sauces and cooking ingredients visit our store.