Love chicken? Love hot sauce? So do I.
I found myself with some leftovers so decided to knock up this easy and delicious recipe that marries comforting southern fried chicken with a twist on a classic Buffalo sauce using our own Smokey Dragon. Be sure to share your creations with us by tagging @Condimaniac on Instagram so that we can share 🤘
Serves 2 (No really, not like those terrible recipe’s that don’t give you enough)
1 pack of raw chicken strips
1 tbsp Cornmeal
2 tbsp Plain flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cajun pepper
1 tsp Basil
500g Maris Piper potatoes
1 TBSP plain flour
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
50g Mature Cheddar Cheese
100g unsalted butter
150ml Smokey Dragon Hot Sauce
Worcestershire sauce (dash)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- First to prep the hash browns roughly grate the potato into a clean tea towel and strain over a sink.
- When most of the water is gone place the potato to a large mixing bowl and all the other hash brown ingredients. Mix and set aside in the fridge.
- Now prep the chicken. Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Beat the egg, then take the chicken strips and coat in ONLY plan flour to begin with, then into the egg and then into your seasoned flour mix. Repeat the process 2 times for each strip and set aside.
- To make the Buffalo sauce place the butter in a pan on a medium heat until it’s all melted. Add the Smokey Dragon hot sauce and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture thoroughly with a whisk until combined and lighter in colour. Add salt and pepper to taste then set aside ready to use.
- To cook the chicken heat ½ litre of vegetable oil on a medium heat in a deep wide saucepan. Wait until the oil is hot then using tongs drop the chicken strips into the hot oil, they should sizzle. Leave to cook, turning regularly for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and drain.
- To cook the hash browns add a generous knob of butter to a saucepan on a medium heat. Wait until the button melts then take a heaped tablespoon of the hash brown mix and press down into the pan to form a patty. Fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes each side until golden brown.
- To plate the food just pop the hash browns on the bottom, stack up those chicken strips and then cover in the Smokey Buffalo sauce. Garnish with some ranch and a little parsley.
That's it! Enjoy maniacs.